broken string

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Sun, 02 May 2004 12:48:26 +0000

Hi Folks,

I was right on schedual the other day untill I got to a client with a Steinway "M" about 15 yrs. old.

Put the hammer on F-3 middle string and started to pull up (was 16cents flat), and BAM. Eighteen gauge wire under bass section etc.

Used my brass string thing and they still got tangled, had to redo %^^%$#^%#$#@.

This is not the first time this has happened to me on Steinways. The last one was a "45" brand new same section . Strings were not rusty on either piano. Could the string have been compromised in the pin?

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano