damper groan mystery-oops

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 May 2004 17:30:47 +0000

Hi again,

I may have misled you...  I did get a 'ghost' of the noise when I tried
lifting a section of dampers with a stick.  It looks like the damper guide
rail isn't really tight, either.  Maybe time to rebush?

Hi all,

Just pulled up the 9' Stieff (way old)from under the stage here at the
school.  It only gets used a few times a year...  Anyway, when releasing the
damper pedal, there is a "groan" (kindof a wood-on wood sound)  When I use
the sost. to hold all the dampers up, the groan goes away if I move the tray
by hand, or with the pedal.  I can't get the noise to go away by holding
sections of the dampers up, nor can I get the noise to come back by moving
any dampers directly.  I'd rather not pull the back action just yet...

Any hints?

Ron Koval
Chicagoland