Can you sell me some piano wire?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 21:23:28 -0400

Throttle cables! Boy, I dunno, I'd be suspicious.

Now I have had folks buying piano wire from me for cleaning fuel lines =
on chainsaws and for cutting windsields out of cars. But lawnmowers, I =
don't think I would trust him. He's probably setting up a piano =
rebuilding shop right down the street from you!     ;-)

I even had a guy buy a bit of piano wire from me for forming some sort =
of linkage on a drag-racer! Hey, we all got our vices. Mine is pianos.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Smith=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 5:47 PM
  Subject: Can you sell me some piano wire?

  I had a call today from a guy who wanted to buy come pianos =
wire....about 36".   I asked him what size, he didnt know.  Told him =
that his piano would care what size the replacement wire is, and he said =
it wasnt for a piano.  Right.

  I agreed to give him some wire just for goodwill. He showed up with a =
lawn mower throttle cable with the internal wire corroded  and broken.  =
Number 13 piano wire.  I gave him about 6 feet of wire and told him to =
tell any of his friends who have pianos about me.    Gave me a dollar =
anyway.=20

  You all have probably helped fix throttle cables yourselves, but I =
thought this was worth sharing.   =20

  What a job!

  Dave Smith]
  SW FL