Hideously abused piano: was Re: OT Re: Dear Mr. Avery

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 17:03:06 EDT

Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> Grin... I know what you mean... I can just see them tomatoes and cheese
> & mayo sandwichs flying across the lunch room...  Or maybe its the bar
> room brawl we are looking at from time to time.... you know... somebody
> says something about someones girl... and all of a sudden people are
> breaking chairs over each others heads..... only to settle down and buy
> each other the next round of  drinks.  The virtual bar room brawl !

Hey, we've almost worked our way back to pianos here:  food fight, drinks and
furniture flying, maybe even a piano tipped over!

This brings to mind the most hideously abused piano I've ever seen.  It was
an S and S, probably a model M, in a frat house at Stanford.  The pinblock,
strings and soundboard were covered with dried beer, cigarettes, and various food
items.  I was contracted to move the piano out of there for possible rebuild.
 The kicker was the back leg(pun intended), which had been snapped off and
replaced by an empty beer keg!  It WAS the right height....:-(

Dave S.