Shortening plastic keytops

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:38:30 +1000

Hi Stéphane,

Try a band saw, this works for me.

Kerry Cooper
Piano Technician
Accredited Member: APTTA, PTTGQ
brispiano@optushome.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Stéphane Collin [mailto:collin.s@skynet.be]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 May 2004 9:42 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Shortening plastic keytops

Hi Ric.

This might seem a stupid question, but what machine do you use for
machining plastic keytops ?  When I try this at home, plastic melts and
makes a mess.  And indeed, sanding or filing 3 mm at every keytop would
hold me going untill next week.  Long live to ivory !

Stéphane Collin.

Richard Brekne wrote :

>   If you need to take off more then say 2 mm then you might just as
> well set up a jig and machine them down before reshaping  the edges.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---