Some details on a moderated pianotech

Andrew Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 11:45:58 -0600

> But who's going to do the moderating?  Sounds like a 24 hour-a-day job to
> me, unless postings are delayed and only posted a few times a day.

Volunteers from the ECC will take turns doing the moderating.  There will
of course be a delay.  The idea is that if you want to see the posts with
no delay, you subscribe to pianotech and see them as they come out.  But
if you're willing to wait until the moderator has pre-read the posts, so
that the off-topic stuff is filtered out, you subscribe to the pianotech-m.

How much of a delay are we talking about?  Depends on who's doing the moderating
that week and how busy they are.  As a going in position, I would say that
moderators are expected to review posts several times a day if possible, but
no less than once a day at a minimum.

-andy