Speaking of hammers..

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 06 May 2004 09:43:39 -0400

I had a wonderful experience yesterday with a set of hammers on a
Wurlitzer Grand - Model  G-452 manufactured in 1989. These hammers have
an orange inner felt. I was wondering if anyone reading this might be
able to tell me who the manufacturer of these hammers are...here's the
scenario yesterday:

-faithful 6-month customer.
-Piano just needed unison touch-up as far as tuning, so I spent the
remainder of time voicing.
-got rid of the string grooves(not bad) and single-needled in, or out,
any discrepancies in tone.
-I prefer single needling as I feel I have better control over the input
of the needle.

This Wurlitzer model, in general, has a reputation of being bright..not
this piano. It was beautiful.

Any ideas who the hammer maker might be?

Thanks,
Phil Bondi(Fl)