Lacquer fight! Lacquer fight!

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 9 May 2004 16:39:15 +0200

Indeed Richard, it is not only that the ratio fundamental/overtone is
changed, but I feel it like the fundamental is powered and then takes
the higer parts of the spectra with him. (very esoteric description !)

The tone opens and warms, but it opens also when the cushion is build,
assuming we don't loose tension doing so.

If one look closely at the layers of felt within a hammer one will se
that releasing the fiber above the stables goes directly under the
crown , around 11:00 an in the internal layers of the hammer, without
changing the outer core state much. It brings up the whole shebang,
but I feel mostly that the fundamental is powered, taking the highest
partials with it. I indeed prefer a tone that is driven by the
fundamental than by the highest partials, it is way more forgiving and
useable

I feel that not much tension is added with battery needling, but all
depends of the initial state of the cushion zone of course, the
tension within the hammer is certainly driven up .

Experiences I will make will involve making pencil lines on the side
of a hammer and needling in the battery, in the cushion and near the
crown. I'll take pictures and I bet we will see where the move occur.

Slicing hammers before and after battery needling should be
interesting as well

Best regards to all.

I' am back to the laboratory

Isaac O