Lacquer fight! Lacquer fight!

Sun, 09 May 2004 21:51:10 +0200

Isaac OLEG wrote:

>Indeed Richard, it is not only that the ratio fundamental/overtone is
>changed, but I feel it like the fundamental is powered and then takes
>the higer parts of the spectra with him. (very esoteric description !)

Actually... I kind of like that description.

>The tone opens and warms, but it opens also when the cushion is build,
>assuming we don't loose tension doing so.

yes indeedy...

>If one look closely at the layers of felt within a hammer one will se
>that releasing the fiber above the stables goes directly under the
>crown , around 11:00 an in the internal layers of the hammer, without
>changing the outer core state much. It brings up the whole shebang,
>but I feel mostly that the fundamental is powered, taking the highest
>partials with it. I indeed prefer a tone that is driven by the
>fundamental than by the highest partials, it is way more forgiving and
>useable

Well...actually you can measure this kind of thing... and next time I
get a chance...which will be very soon now...  I think I will.
Cybertuner has a built in device for doing just this kind of thing.  It
will be interesting to see what exactly happens.

Cheers

RicB