Out of tune(probably an argument, here)

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:15:41 -0600

This is an interesting discussion.  I've been taught to make the unisons
rock-solid on tune.  I've noted on some scales that when I do this the
sustain drops of dramatically (usually in the treble) whereas when
approaching perfect unison it lasts much longer.  I've struggled with some
temptation here.  A slow rolling wave that doesn't return before sustain
drops off sure would add to the life of the note...of-course it gets
complicated on those trichords, I'd hate to think of doing it on a
quad-chord ;-)

Andrew