Rotating pinblock

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 19:40:43 EDT

In a message dated 11/05/04 6:49:38 PM, Topperpiano@aol.com writes:

<< opinion as to the serious nature of this problem.  I would like to hear
from
some of you about how your would handle the problem. >>

TP...what does TP stand for? :-)
 First in my opnion this is not a "serious" problem if the piano can be
tuned. Secondly it is doubtful that the block has "rotated" or that the block has
"slid forward".
(kinda a 'this rock don't roll thingee you know?)

 For my 'second' thingee...checking should be fairly straight forward...that
is check each unison and see if all pins for that unison are touching the
plate....... if one is and the other two aren't..or two are and the third isn't
then it should not be "blocking sliding causing the problem......... I think, my
opinion only, that the results you see are a factor of poor block
drilling.........I think I would not get involved in a problem that may not be, and
probably isn't, a real problem other than from an aesthetic point of view.
 My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)