Rotating Pinblock

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:59:21 -0700

Hmmm? To the initial question, I'd say you have possibly two problems. Could
be tuning pins that are not tempered properly...Nah!<G> Most likely really
cheap pinblock material, that is too soft. Couple that with improper bedding
of the plate flange to the block and you've got a mess, fer sur! IF "B" has
started using cheap pinblock material then there ya go. As for the plate
flange bedding...They never did know/care about this, on the assembly line.
Pity, too, 'cause when they're right, they're like a Timex Watch!
Just my take on this. Maybe they're using the scraps from the guitar
assembly line for laminating up the pin blocks.<G>
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I