Yamaha C6 bass strings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 11:25:43 -0700

RicB said: ".  Any  help offered by twisting goes away in a
very short time leaving you back at first base."

I disagree with you on this one Ric. However, if the winding is not tight on
the "swedge" than you would be correct. If, as someone else supposed, that
Yamaha is using some kind of "elixir" to make the copper bond w/o using
swedging, then the possibility of twisting is a moot point, if the "bonding"
has broken down. On "normal" strings w/swedging the twist stays. I know this
from past experience. Does it do any good? I'd say....sometimes.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I