drop screw question

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 13:25:00 -0400

Nooooooooooo. Shame on you David for even considering such a problem on =
a 5-year-old Steinway. Now I gotta hear how this one works out. Please =
keep us informed Mark!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:54 AM
  Subject: RE: drop screw question

  I sent off my other post before I read this.  I would be curious to =
see whether or not the bore distance matches the difference between =
hammer flange center and string height.  My guess is that the elevations =
don't match and that the hammers are bored too short.  In that case, the =
easiest solution will be to shim the end of the balancier.  Otherwise, =
you will have to pull the hammers, plug and rebore at the proper =
distance and then you might have a hammer tail length problem...

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

    ----- Original Message -----=20