Renner repetition springs

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 14:51:17 -0400

You need to make your initial changes in spring tension at the coil
without changing the shape of the spring under the rep lever. The set
screws are really only there for fine adjustments. Use the Hart spring
adjusting tool available from Pianotek.

- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: D.L. Bullock [mailto:dlbullock@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:48 AM
To: PTG; MMD
Subject: Renner repetition springs

I replace many grand actions with Renner,  which I love for their
quality.
However, I have a constant problem with all of them.  The repetition
spring
(hammer rise) is consistently way too heavy.  The screw simply will not
lower pressure enough to even be noticeable.  My regulation technique is
that of Danny Boone who taught me while I was a Baylor student.  The
only
way to get the hammer to rise slowly enough from the backcheck is to
distort
the spring in a major way which often shortens the spring enough to
necessitate more distortion to keep the rep lever from torquing.  Is
there a
technique I am missing, or is this something we need to address to Lloyd
Meyer for thinner spring wire in the wippens?

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com