Renner repetition springs

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 14 May 2004 21:50:18 -0500

Subject: Re: Renner repetition springs

<< a constant problem with all of them.  The repetition spring
(hammer rise) is consistently way too heavy.  The screw simply will not
lower pressure enough to even be noticeable.  >>

The springs have to be weakened  a lot before you get to final adjustment.
This must be done by depressing the top of the spring downwards, often until
it
almost touches the whippen itself.  Doing this tightens the coil and should
not distort the spring, at all.
Good luck,

Ed Foote RPT

Ditto.  I set the adjustment screw in the middle, then adjust the spring
much the same way I regulate the rep spring in a Steinway, saving the screw
adjustment for fine regulating as required.

Paul C