Lacquer fight!/ Internal friction

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 15 May 2004 19:02:38 +0200

On 14-mei-04, at 23:50, Topperpiano@aol.com wrote:

> The study that you have noted using the three Abel, Renner, Imadegawa=20=

> is interesting because as Andre just noted it really is a difference=20=

> between the European and American style of hammer production.=A0 I =
just=20
> mentally group the Abel, Renner and Imadegawa as virtually the same=20
> hammer manufacturing theory with their own twist applied - very=20
> different for the NY S&S approach.=A0

I do not agree Topperpiano,

Imadegawa is totally different from Abel and Renner.
Renner is totally different from Abel and Imadegawa.
Abel is totally different from Imadegawa and Renner.

They each use different felt and, due to their methods of making=20
hammers, the tonal outcome is really totally different too, their own=20
twist applied or not.
The NY Steinway is a totally different matter indeed.
I just want to make sure that you understand that the Japanese and the=20=

two European hammer makers are worlds apart, and the two European=20
hammer makers as well.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek