workbench

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 10:21:06 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0031_01C43BF8.AA289110
My regulating bench is, well, however tall a Betsy Ross spinet is, that =
is how deep my bench is (36 inches). I like the little bit deeper table =
because you can easily set the stack down in back of the action, etc. =
Notice I'll criticise Kimball spinets, Winter spinets, Baldwin spinets, =
but never Betsy Ross spinets. That's because they make excellent, =
strong, heavy-duty benches. Just add some leg extensions to the base and =
keybed supports, tip the formely-miserable-piano forward, and add a =
surface to the back structure. I leveled/flattened the backframe first =
with epoxy blobs, then planked it with oak and hard maple flitches, =
sanded flat again, and then epoxy coated it.

And if you leave the strings on, you can play different cords with each =
different tool that you slam down on it.....

Makes for a very strong, heavy, cheap and easy-to-build regulating =
table.

Terry Farrell

> Hi Guys, I'm updating my workshop and need some advise on depth of =
workbench for action regulating etc. Is 30" deep enough to accomodate a =
grand action and work comfortably?
>=20
> Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

------=_NextPart_001_0031_01C43BF8.AA289110