workbench

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 19:23:51 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01C43DD6.D17F8EF0
Terry,

Could you tell me more about the epoxy coating you used?  Thanks.

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:21 AM
  Subject: Re: workbench

  My regulating bench is, well, however tall a Betsy Ross spinet is, =
that is how deep my bench is (36 inches). I like the little bit deeper =
table because you can easily set the stack down in back of the action, =
etc. Notice I'll criticise Kimball spinets, Winter spinets, Baldwin =
spinets, but never Betsy Ross spinets. That's because they make =
excellent, strong, heavy-duty benches. Just add some leg extensions to =
the base and keybed supports, tip the formely-miserable-piano forward, =
and add a surface to the back structure. I leveled/flattened the =
backframe first with epoxy blobs, then planked it with oak and hard =
maple flitches, sanded flat again, and then epoxy coated it.

  And if you leave the strings on, you can play different cords with =
each different tool that you slam down on it.....

  Makes for a very strong, heavy, cheap and easy-to-build regulating =
table.

  Terry Farrell

  > Hi Guys, I'm updating my workshop and need some advise on depth of =
workbench for action regulating etc. Is 30" deep enough to accomodate a =
grand action and work comfortably?
  >=20
  > Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01C43DD6.D17F8EF0