Alfred Dolge - Carbonizing and bleach process

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Wed, 19 May 2004 01:23:04 +0200

Hi Isaac.

Nice post.
But the town you refer to as center of wool washing in the 19th century
is Verviers, not Serviers.  I happened to be brought up in this
wonderful little town.  From the plenty of glorious wool washers that
made fortunes there, only one survived until today, and he is making THE
green billiard felt for the whole world.  All others have ran out of
business early in the 20th century.  But you can still see the sings of
their former fortune in their descendance.  Verviers is what you would
call a has been town.
Should I put this under OT ?

Stéphane Collin.