Betsy Ross Spinet

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Thu, 20 May 2004 02:06:20 -0500

Don't think I've ever seen one, so have to imagine what it would be
like.
I'm sure it's better than a Lindner, and there were quite a few Lindners
sold.
A good friend of mine had one. I didn't ask him where he got it. His 2
girls
played it, at least when the keys worked. There are many pianos like the

Betsy Ross, because there are many people who can't afford better
quality,
so they do the best they can to provide an instrument for the family. If
the
manufacturers didn't make a low end quality piano like this, many kids
would
be deprived of a piano, and would have to play another instrument. I
studied
the violin as a youngster, and the violin wasn't a Strad.  I didn't know
the difference,
and couldn't have done much better, if it was a Strad.  My father bought
the best thing
he could afford.  When my teacher played my violin, it sounded great,
not so when
I played it, till I reached a level where  my brothers and sister didn't
seem to disappear
whenever I practised. After about two years, I was getting requests for
songs I didn't
even know yet. So now I know they weren't too swift either, but the
sound I produced
early on wasn't what they could tolerate, so they made themselves
scarce. We had quite
a few chuckles about that later in life.  I did manage to get some
musical education from
this very poor instrument, and I'm thankfull for it. I also have tuned
many low end pianos.
When I first started to tune, that was all I should have worked on with
the ability I had. I
used to think that they didn't sound very good because of my tuning, but
maybe I wasn't
completely at fault.

Carl / Winnipeg.