Betsy Ross Spinet

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 07:00:28 -0400

Friends,

Since I see the Betsy Ross spinet regularly, it's easy to assume that
everyone else does, too.  But Carl's post is proof that such is not the
case.  Of course those who service only high end pianos wouldn't see
them by virtue of their chosen niche.

The prominence of any one name brand or model in a chosen area is
closely related to a prominent dealer selling a lot of that piano when
they were new.  Some of you regularly see name brands that are rare
here.  Within the 15-35 year old category I probably see more Wurlitzers
than anything else.  Among pianos newer than that I suspect Yamahas are
a pretty significant percentage of my work.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT