PDA- questions on upgrading

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 07:59:43 -0500

Hi Tom,
I have a Dell Axium X-3 and according to Dean Reyburn, I am the only one =
present that does not have trouble running RCT on it.  The X-5's are =
better.  When I got my mine, last November, I PAID $229 FOR IT.  it HAS =
BEEN GOOD TO ME.  Dean LIKES THE iPAC'S BEST i THINK..  Mine is a =
300MGHZ.  It is plenty fast for me but all I run is the Contacts and =
PRCT.  Battery last all day with tuning 4-5 pianos a day.
Jim
jIM
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Artisan of Wood
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tompiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 6:48 AM
  Subject: PDA- questions on upgrading

  List,
  I'm in the market to upgrade from my small Palm Pilot to a much larger =
capacity unit. I'm looking at the new Dell PDAs. The question I have as =
is with regard to hrtz speed. I'm trying to visualize (practically =
speaking) the difference in performance of 400 hrtz vs 612 hrtz. In a =
home computer with multifunctions occurring, the difference in =
performance is a no-brainer. But on a handheld I trying to justify the =
need for the additional speed. I guess if one were to be playing video =
type clips it would be understandable. But I'm thinking of running =
Reyburns RCT, along with my entire database.  I'm interested in those =
using the Ipaqs and the likes who using their devices to the hilt. My =
quandary is needed performance, quality of performance vs battery life =
needed to support such a big platform.=20
  By the way the wave of PDAs are up to 612 hrtz with 128 mgs of memory. =
Pretty impressive!
  Tom Servinsky