PDA- questions on upgrading

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 09:12:57 -0500

Subject: PDA- questions on upgrading

  List,
  I'm in the market to upgrade from my small Palm Pilot to a much larger
capacity unit. I'm looking at the new Dell PDAs. The question I have as is
with regard to hrtz speed. I'm trying to visualize (practically speaking)
the difference in performance of 400 hrtz vs 612 hrtz. In a home computer
with multifunctions occurring, the difference in performance is a
no-brainer. But on a handheld I trying to justify the need for the
additional speed. I guess if one were to be playing video type clips it
would be understandable. But I'm thinking of running Reyburns RCT, along
with my entire database.  I'm interested in those using the Ipaqs and the
likes who using their devices to the hilt. My quandary is needed
performance, quality of performance vs battery life needed to support such a
big platform.
  By the way the wave of PDAs are up to 612 hrtz with 128 mgs of memory.
Pretty impressive!
  Tom Servinsky

  Tom
  I use an Ipac 1910 to run RCT and everything else.  There are two family
members with the Ipac 1925's--they love them because they do everything.
One son has the Dell, and runs RCT as well as everything else with it.
None of us have experienced any serious difficulties.  Three of us upgraded
from the palm type pda.

  Paul C