Betsy Ross Spinet

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 12:40:33 -0500

Well, it *could* be that budding musicians would have been turned off, =
but if there is really that drive or passion to play, even a spinet in =
reasonable repair would do--for a while, anyway.  No, it's not ideal, =
but talent combined with the passion to play is hard to stop. =20

Of course, there's always the claim, "Our piano sounds different than =
the piano teacher's piano!"  I laugh at that now, not only because I'm a =
tech and know there can be lots of reasons for the difference in sound, =
but also because we're the ones with the Steinway grand and the teacher =
has the Yamaha console........(sort of reminds me of coming off of =
maternity leave and practicing tuning my Steinway to get ready to go out =
and tune a Kimball spinet.)

Barbara Richmond, RPT

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RptBob1@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:42 AM
  Subject: Re: Betsy Ross Spinet

  In a message dated 5/20/2004 8:07:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, =
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:
    this list over the years. Well=20
    deserved, too.  I find it hard to say that they have no redeeming =
value if=20
    they are a springboard to a musical career, or even if they only =
offer the=20
    opportunity to have live music in the home
  We also have NO idea on how many budding, future musicians were =
totally turned off by their experiences with these "pianos".  So let's =
also consider this in the equation.

  Bob Bergantino