Jigs

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 22:11:00 -0700

The best thing to use in making a jig is a Locking Clamp. It is a type of
cam lock thingee that holds your "stock" in position w/o getting your
fingers in a dangerous situation. I have many jigs that utilize these. The
Locking Clamps come in many sizes and configurations. They can be had at the
better woodworking stores/catalogue. As for aligning Grand Hammer Shanks on
a jig, utilize an appropriate dimensioned dowel that will fit tightly
through the flange screw hole. The Locking Clamp holds the flange down
tightly over the dowel position. That way you are getting consistant
positioning, which is tatamount to parts modifying, etc.
I tried to scan some of my jigs, but my damned scanner is acting up again!
Grrrrr! All I can get it to do is scan for my files and it gives me 3 Meg
images! Yikes! If you are a catalogue freak like me you should be able to
find these handy thingees. BTW, they are not very expensive.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I