Sticky Sticker Situation

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 12:12:57 -0500

I guess most everyone ELSE knew this trick--based on the responses I've
gotten--but it was the first Acro action I've had to remove, believe it
or not, and I don't think we really learn a lot of our skills until we
have to actually do it! :-] Thanks to all for the answers.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Garrett [mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:28 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Sticky Sticker Situation

Alan asked: "Acrosonic, drop action w/wooden stickers that have metal
pins on top that fit into a bushed guide rail ...

Is there no way to remove the action and replace it without removing and
individually replacing all 88 stickers? Mein Gott!

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

Alan,
Sheesh! I thought everyone knew how to do this. The two dampers/heads,
on either side of the "break", are most likely to get "trashed" when
removing/installing an Acrosonic action. So, kill two birds with one
load of pellets. 1. Remove those two dampers/heads and re-install them
on the metal guide pin. One on #1 and the other on #88. This will hold
them all on the rail while you do...#2. Remove the action. For
installing the action, just reverse the process.<G> Best Regards, Joe
Garrett, RPT, (Oregon) Captain, Tool Police Squares Are I

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---