Sticky Sticker Situation

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 21 May 2004 06:06:26 -0400

Joe,

Removing two damper heads and using them as you say is a new trick I
never heard of.  But then again I've only been in the business 24
years.  How many other great time saving tricks are out there that I
don't know of?!

I was in a class by Ernie Juhn a couple years before he died.  He
deliberately pulled off the finger rail, which stunned many of us who
somewhere along the line struggled to get all those finger things back
in position.  Then he showed us how easily they can be put back in
place.  It involved placing the action on a table or on the floor in a
position where one could easily insert the finger guide pins one by
one.  It took only a little time, maybe five minutes or so, to have all
the pins back in place.

Sorry I can't remember exactly what that position was, but if you ever
get in this fix I want you to know there is a pretty easy way.
Experiment until you figure it out.  This only happened to me once when
I took an action out to replace a string.  The client was a decades-long
friend of my dad's, so he worked at getting things together while I did
the string repair.  I was sooo glad for his help!

Regards,
Clyde