Best piano in your world.

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 08:02:58 EDT

Mine is an 1895 Hardman 7ft grand which resides in my office. This piano has
been used for several CD recordings and dark, warmth, and extremely long
decay, gives me goose-pimples, just thinking about it.
Last year I took my family to NYC and I took them to Steinway Hall. I have 2
daughters who are pretty good pianists and we had permission to go downstairs
to play a few of the good CD concert pianos.
We met Ron Connor as he was working of few pianos. He invited my one daughter
to play the Hamburg Steinway D that was just used for Alfred Brendel's
recital at Carnegie Hall. She sat down and played for a minute, stood up and
declared that the piano was decent but doesn't come close to our piano in our office.
The hurt look on Ron Connor's face was something I'll never forget. Of course
I had to privately tell my daughter that it was not to make comments like
that in front  of one of the better technicians in the world. But I told her I
agreed with her perspective on the piano.
Tom Servinsky