Mobile Piano Mini-Shop

Rick Bazemore tunericks@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 16:23:23 -0700 (PDT)

I am 1-2 years away from going full-time with my career as a piano technician and am considering the purchase of a Wells Cargo 8'X12" Fiber Optic Splicing type trailer to set up as a mobile shop.  This trailer maximizes cabinetry and work surfaces (also has ac/heat, power, and cargo ramp rear door with room to tote at least one piano) that would allow most bench work but not complete rebuilds (of course).  My question to those of you who are much more experienced than I is how useful would this type of set up be in a business that will be more tuning/in home repair based as opposed to rebuilding/in shop repair at least at the outset.  I am anticipating taking advantage of at least 3 out of town locations (in state locations less than 2 hours away) where I have previously served as Church Music Director and would have a good clientele base at each location.

Please tell me your opinions.

Rick Bazemore, RPT