Finish Repair

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Mon, 24 May 2004 21:09:23 -0700

David:
	A burn in stick would be appropriate, assuming it's a lacquer finish.  If
you've never done this kind of repair, I'd advise getting some help.
There's more to it than just building up the damaged area.  You will need
to level the area, sand, add color, grain lines, and topcoat.  If you're
going to Nashville, Ruth Phillips has several classes on finish repair.
You'll learn a lot from her.  You can check some recent issues of the
Journal regarding touchup techniques.  Good luck,
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego