Tuning fork

Jack Houweling jackhouweling@dccnet.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 21:38:57 -0700

Thank you both for this technique but I already use it. I am looking for =
the other way for demonstration purposes and for my shop.

Jack
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Driscoll=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 9:32 PM
  Subject: RE: Tuning fork

  ] On Behalf Of Jack Houweling
  Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 12:04 AM
   Subject: Tuning fork

  Hello

  I have heard of technicians mounting tuning forks on some sort of =
wooden device so they can use the fork hands free. Can anyone tell me =
more about these? Also would anyone have a photo of one.I would like to =
make myself one.

  Thanks,=20

  Jack

             =20

              Jack,

              File this under -one less thing to carry.

              I've been ETDing for a long time, but in order to free up =
my hands I used to put a piece of neoprene tubing over the stem(Correct =
nomenclature???) of the fork then put it between my teeth after striking =
on my knee. Talk about loud!

              I can't remember who showed me this but I'll bet it wasn't =
my dentist.

              Tom Driscoll