Tuning fork

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Tue, 25 May 2004 00:32:04 -0400

] On Behalf Of Jack Houweling
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 12:04 AM
 Subject: Tuning fork

Hello

I have heard of technicians mounting tuning forks on some sort of wooden
device so they can use the fork hands free. Can anyone tell me more
about these? Also would anyone have a photo of one.I would like to make
myself one.

Thanks,

Jack

            Jack,

            File this under -one less thing to carry.

            I've been ETDing for a long time, but in order to free up my
hands I used to put a piece of neoprene tubing over the stem(Correct
nomenclature???) of the fork then put it between my teeth after striking
on my knee. Talk about loud!

            I can't remember who showed me this but I'll bet it wasn't
my dentist.

            Tom Driscoll