hitch up

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 10:52:29 -0500

Joe,

I don't think I qualify for much wisdom, but I'll put 2¢ in.

Is the pin at an angle which prevents drilling it out? Possibly remove
the bottom board and tilt the piano to get at the bass pins? Maybe a
Dremel with the flexible shaft attachment might work without bottom
board removal. I'm just guessing in case you can't tell. :-)

Though I've never replaced a hitch pin, I've replaced an upper plate pin
with a nail. Just off the top, that would be what I would try. I'd
probably have to re-do it after it didn't work the first time. That's
usually how I end up learning. <g>

John Formsma