Vehicle for Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 19:55:43 -0400

Who the heck is PianoTunaguy?

Beyond that, I am so jealous of Andre in Amsterdam who can ride his =
bicycle to his appointments. I read recently that 80% of traffic in =
Amsterdam is by bicycle. I have often though of such an arrangement. I =
think your little scooter is a great idea. You can even carry a few =
extra repair items, no doubt (like CA glue, etc.). Where are you =
located?

I think the government should just make cars illegal and build a bunch =
of bike trails.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pianotunaguy@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 7:35 PM
  Subject: Re: was: Vehicle for Tuning

  OK, this is a bit of a non-sequitor, but nevertheless:

  I'm considering buying a motorscooter (Like a Vespa, 150cc) to use on =
my local tuning calls.   65mpg, top speed about 60.  There is a storage =
space under the seat that would fit a rudimentary tuning kit.  Most of =
the stuff I take with me I never use anyway.  If I were efficient, I =
think I could fit everything I need in there.

  My goal would be to rack up 5.000 miles or so each summer, making my =
Jeep last longer, allowing me to get a little fresh air, and saving on =
gas all at the same time.  True, I'd look a little dweebish, but then, =
you don't want your piano tuner showing up on a Harley.  (Any =
Harley-riding tuners out there, no offense!)

  Has anybody tried this?  Anybody out there on a bike?  Any advice? =
(Like "Don't tune pianos on a rainy day.")  Whaddyathink?  Is it doable?

  PTG (PianoTunaGuy)