was: Vehicle for Tuning

Pianotunaguy@aol.com Pianotunaguy@aol.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 19:35:16 EDT

OK, this is a bit of a non-sequitor, but nevertheless:

I'm considering buying a motorscooter (Like a Vespa, 150cc) to use on my
local tuning calls.    65mpg, top speed about 60.   There is a storage space under
the seat that would fit a rudimentary tuning kit.   Most of the stuff I take
with me I never use anyway.   If I were efficient, I think I could fit
everything I need in there.

My goal would be to rack up 5.000 miles or so each summer, making my Jeep
last longer, allowing me to get a little fresh air, and saving on gas all at the
same time.   True, I'd look a little dweebish, but then, you don't want your
piano tuner showing up on a Harley.   (Any Harley-riding tuners out there, no
offense!)

Has anybody tried this?   Anybody out there on a bike?   Any advice? (Like
"Don't tune pianos on a rainy day.")   Whaddyathink?   Is it doable?

PTG (PianoTunaGuy)