Tuner's Knot--NOT!

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 19:48:18 EDT

<< There is/are three knots
>that can be used to tie strings: 1. The "Tuner's Knot", which is essentially
>a Granny Knot or, (I can't remember the other name and it's not listed in my
>Sailing Knots Book. Reason being, it's not a "safe" not to use.) 2. The
>Square Knot or Reef Knot. 3. The Sheet Bend >>

        Umm,  the bend that I described (joining two pieces together is a
bend, making something big out of one piece is a "knot", for those that want to
be picky),  isn't any of these,  it was taught to us by Jim Hayes in 1975 at
the North Bennet School.  It works on anything but super soft wire in
fortepianos.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT