Tuning Devices

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 27 May 2004 00:47:21 -0500

How much does the Seiko ST 767 Chromatic Tuner cost?   I am looking for
a "pocket tuner" that can give a decent temperament for a pitch raise
and if accurate an octave below F3 and above C5 that would be a bonus.
I used to have a such a tuner,  a Korg needle type that would give me
two octaves (C3--C5) close enuf in 4 -- 6  minutes.     ----ricm

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of David
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 11:56 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Tuning Devices

I have recently started learning to tune pianos.  I am interested in
tuning devices that will assist me in learning to tune and when I start
tuning for pay.  I have heard and read about numerous brands and types.
These include the Accu-Tuner, Peterson AutoStrobe, Reyburn
CyberTuner, and Sabine Tuners to mention a few.  I am currently using a
Seiko ST 767 Chromatic Tuner which I get the impression may not be very
accurate for pianos, works great for my guitar.  Any input would be
appreciated.

Thanks
David McCausland