Tuning Devices

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 17:43:52 -0400

Hi David,

If it's a possibility for you, I would personally recommend studying=20
for a bit with a local piano technician, if any offer it.

I think some people are adamant that you learn to tune by ear first. Of=20=

course, there are others who say you shouldn't use a tuning device at=20
all. Although I don't use one myself, I am not tuning a bunch of pianos=20=

everyday. I've also found that I haven't disliked the tunings of those=20=

who use a tuning device.

-- John

> I have recently started learning to tune pianos.=A0 I am interested in=20=

> tuning devices that will assist me in learning to tune and when I=20
> start tuning for pay.=A0 I have heard and read about numerous brands =
and=20
> types.=A0 These include the Accu-Tuner, Peterson AutoStrobe, Reyburn
>  CyberTuner, and Sabine Tuners to mention a few.=A0 I am currently =
using=20
> a Seiko ST 767 Chromatic Tuner which I get the impression may not be=20=

> very accurate for pianos,=A0works great for my guitar.=A0 Any input =
would=20
> be appreciated.
> =A0
> Thanks