For your Listening Pleasure - tuning thoughts

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Thu, 27 May 2004 10:10:14 +0200

Ric,
thank you very much for your statements about the pure 12th tuning...

15 years after its publication in euro piano 3/88 ("Stopper tuning - =
Equally temepered scale based on pure dudecimos (12th, pure octave + =
pure 5th) it seems to become accepted.=20
At the time i did the publication, most technicians called me crazy and =
there were only a few who understood what my intention was.

Isaac,

maybe your opinion about the pure 12th may change if you hear this =
tuning done by someone who is familiar with tuning it. I can not agree =
that the 5ths are more strange than in normal tuning, since they are =
less sharp than your preferred normal VT tuning.

best regards,

Bernhard Stopper

for more information about the pure 12th tuning (in german):

 http://www.piano-stopper.de/html/stotun.htm

  ----- Original Message -----=20