Mutiple bouncing

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 05:09:37 -0400

It has begun to bother me that these pianos have this problem, since the
Yamaha P22s are a model  I often refer my clients to as a good value for
the money.  I am beginning to reconsider my recommendation.  I have not
had customers complain.  Maybe they don't play softly.

So far what I do is increase the letoff, which is often at about 1/16"
anyway, plenty close.  Each time I tune the piano, if I discover a
multi-striking hammer, that is my first course of action.  I do wish,
though, that they would be correctly regulated before they ever leave
the retailer's store.  REgulation is not one of my strong areas.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT