Springs

Rogério Cunha rogerio.cunha@terra.com.br
Sat, 29 May 2004 11:05:40 -0300

To the list

Now I am living in Fortaleza and all the pianos here were worked by a =
"shoemaker" and not a piano technician. The problem is serious!
I am just restoring a grand Bechstein with action Schwander. It is all =
out of order and now I need to solve the problem of the string of the =
wipen.
The "shoemaker" tightened all the screws in order to try have =
repetition! The pressure of the spring is so hard that if you play a =
note with a soft blow, the hammer don't go back to be cached by the =
backchek !!! If your blow is a medium one, the backcheck catches the =
hammer but immediately the hammer goes up even the key is pressed.
I need to know the better and more practical way do correct the pressure =
of all the springs.
Thanks

Rogerio Cunha
ICMember of the Piano Technicians Guild