Soundboard finishing material - what and why?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:42:42 -0700

At 02:06 PM 8/3/2005 -0700, Vladan wrote:
>I was replenishing it on the surface for about 4
>hours.  It was evaporating instead of going into the
>wood.  If I had submerged it in, the end grain would
>have soaked it up.

Extremely interesting photo, Vladan. I wouldn't have thought
the epoxy would stay stuck right on the surface like that.
What viscosity was it to start with? Have you tried this experiment
using heat to thin the epoxy after you've put it on the wood?

Thanks
Susan