howard spinet

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:50:21 -0500

After you get the jacks glued back in be sure to give all the rest a
couple of drops of CA glue. Hypo oiler works really well for this job.
Turn the action upside down and apply a couple of drops to the hammer
glue joints as well. Then tighten all of the whippen and hammer flange
screws. Don't touch the damper flange screws or you will mess up the
string groove alignment and have ringing dampers.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of richard.ucci@att.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:06 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: howard spinet

Hi Guys,
Came across a baldwin howard spinet with jack flanges that are comming
unglued. I want to pull the action, but it was designed in a way I have
yet to see.
Bolted to the plate-no struts, and these long flat metal pieces that are
screwed into the wooden platform under the action.
Anything I should be aware of other than the usual stuff? Also , will
the pianotek sticker holder work on this model?
Thanks,
RU/UP