File Upload area of PTG web site

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:57:09 -0500

David:

=20

Nothing is "wrong" with embedding pictures in posts.  I like it as the =
picture is with the message.  However, I have broadband both at home and =
at the office.  We have subscribers who still dial-up for their access =
and a large message really messes them up.  Actually, when I go out in =
our camper and access the internet through my cell phone I feel their =
pain!  Some dial-up subscribers live where broadband service is not =
available.  I've recently moved to the country where there is no DSL nor =
cable, however there are 3 fixed wireless providers available so I have =
excellent service.  Not all are so fortunate.

=20

The size limit has been changed a lot and at the moment is set rather =
generously - probably too generously for those who dial - but that is =
the reason we have been encouraging those with =BD meg files to put them =
on the server and include the link.  I am aware of how many pictures =
have been included in posts in the past week.  As broadband service =
becomes more widespread I'm sure this will continue. =20

=20

We're just trying to provide what's needed while considering those who =
have slower service.

=20

dave

=20