Weber Manufacturer

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:24:17 -0500

Hi Terry,
Many Y-C's of that vintage have the blocking problem.  I have had =
success with most of them by letting the distance of the jack position =
being moved further back.  It takes the drop regulator tool.

Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, piano benches, writing =
instruments
(314) 608-4137
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:13 PM
  Subject: Weber Manufacturer

  I've got an appointment to tune a 1993 Weber microgrand tomorrow. Is =
there any chance in a zillion that in 1993 a piano with the name Weber =
on it might have been manufactured by Young Chang?

  I last tuned it in 1999 and I see in my notes that I had to regulate =
let-off because the hammers were blocking. OH NO!!!  We all know what =
that could mean!!!  (I wasn't aware of growing action brackets back =
then.) Is it possible that the real reason the piano finally needs a =
tuning after six years is because the hammers are blocking again.....  =
:-(

  Terry Farrell