Newish D with issues -- Dale

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:50:52 -0400

If you are going to pull the pin, I would recommend putting unthickened =
epoxy down the hole - it's no more difficult than CA, and I can only =
assume the epoxy will provide more benefit - although I have not made =
any comparison test between the two. I have epoxied many a pin in place. =
I routinely use epoxy (West System) in every pin hole on a new bridge =
also.

Terry Farrell
  What do you think of slacking off a warbler treble string, pulling out =
the pin if it's willing to come, and putting the CA into the hole -- =
versus just putting a drop at the bass of the pin without changing the =
wire? Any benefits to getting more CA into the bridge? Worth the time =
and tuning stability expended?

  I did this once on a few notes of (an unnamed but fairly new) grand =
with tuning stability issues, and found that when I put CA glue down one =
hole and put the bridge pin back in, CA spurted out of a neighboring =
hole. Obviously, there can be cracks down there ...=20

  Susan=20