stand by & pitch change charges

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:53:19 -0500

Barbara,

I'm not sure about how much to charge for the "stand by" thing, but
I'd definitely charge! Maybe whatever your normal hourly rate is????

As far as the pitch change is concerned, DEFINITELY charge them for
that! Up AND down! That's what I do when the Houston Symphony
performs at the university with our piano. Otherwise, it's going to
be at A-440, which is the house policy or they're going to have to
pay to rent a piano from the Steinway dealer! My fee is appreciably
less than that would be! :-D

Avery