damper pedal problem

Bruce Gibson Piano Technician bruce@bgpianotech.com
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:24:50 -0600

Hello Maggie.

I've never seen a damper pedal shift the keyboard to the right...but hey,
anything is possible!

If you take out the right cheek-block, you'll find a screw in the
cheek-block that the edge of the keyframe butts up against. This screw can
be turned counter-clockwise (to restrict the distance the keyboard shifts to
the right) or clockwise (to allow the keyboard to go further to the right).

I set the screw so that the hammers only hit 2 strings of a tricord, trying
to get them as close as possible to the left-hand string of the next tricord
to the right.

I see others have answered your question while I was putting this together,
but I'll send it anyway.

Cheers,

Bruce Gibson
Piano Technician