learner with some questions

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:16:22 -0500

Nancy,

Use ptg.org web site to find a list of technicians near you.   The new
web page is easy to use for this
search and the new graphics make the search a pleasant experience.

Click on find a technician in the upper right corner.  Enter your zip
code.   You will find a list
  of technicians within your area.

The damaged acrosonic should be a great practice piano.  Besides the
cleaning aspect the work
with the action parts will be great, hands-on experience.  Put it in a
garage, basement, spare room
or rent a storage unit.  With 90 degree days it will be awhile before
it is too cold to work outside.

  At UW-Madison we rescued a Hamilton from a fire.  It was fondly called
the Bar-B-Que pit,
  but it gave the students invaluable experiencepracticing on a piano
that could only become better.

Keep in Tune

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT